Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Easy German Chocolate Cake Pop Recipe

Cake pops are such a fun bite sized treat that have been popular for a couple of years now. German chocolate cake pops were the first ones I tried out using this recipe and THEY WERE A HIT! Later, after googling them, I realized that the german chocolate cake pops are actually one of the most popular pops to make. Now I'm ready to venture out and try red velvet, oreo, s'mores... There are also really cute Fall and Halloween cake pops I want to try out, since it is getting deeper into October (my favorite month!).




Ok, so here is the recipe.

German Chocolate Cake Pops:

Ingredients:

-German Chocolate Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines but you can use whatever brand)
-Coconut Pecan Frosting (Duncan Hines)
-chocolate candy melts or almond bark
-sprinkles (optional)

Additional Items:

-cake pop sticks
-cake pop cooling rack or something similar
-small scooper

Step One:

Blend cake mix according to box and bake in the oven.

Step Two:

Once cake has been baked, remove from oven and and allow it to cool. (between 30 minutes to an hour) When your cake is cool to the touch, it's time to get your hands messy. Use them to crumble the cake into, well, crumbs!



Step Three:

Now add your icing to the crumbled cake. Use only half of the container of icing for one cake mix. (I baked one cake mix into two 8"x8" pans) Mix and blend it together with your hands until it is able to be molded into a ball.









Step Four:

Now you need to roll little round cake balls. I've seen a zillion cake pop tutorials and they all seem to use ice-cream scoops, but I use a 1 tbsp measuring scoop. Works just the same! Just scoop the amount of cake it takes to level with the top of the measuring scoop and place it in your hand. Roll it into a ball.






Step Five:

One you have all your cake balls rolled you will need to melt your chocolate as directed on the package. While the chocolate is melting, place your cake balls in the refrigerator. When the chocolate is melted all the way, remove your cake balls and dip your cake pop sticks into the chocolate about half an inch deep. Then place the stick inside the cake ball. Do this to them all. Place in refrigerator for 5 minutes and remove. This process keeps the stick attached to the pop when you dip it into the chocolate.





Step Six:

Now submerge each cake ball into the chocolate. If you have sprinkles, NOW is the time to add them before the chocolate dries. You now have cake pops!






I hope you enjoy this tutorial. I'm actually waiting on red velvet cake to cool so I can make a batch of red velvet cake pops! Can't wait to see how they turn out! Happy baking!

5 comments:

  1. These look amazing!!! Thank you for the step by step as it makes it easier for me to follow!!! I will have to make these for Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see a picture if you make them!

      Delete
  2. Oh my! These look amazing! I love a good cake pop! Thanks for visiting my blog! :) xo
    McKenna
    stylewaltz.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'd love to watch the pictures and so but I can't view them. It's a big blank box instead with a triangle. :( But cake sounds tasty though. ^^

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com